Arcadia is an historic property with a large mansion that overlooks much of the Ballenger Creek area. It is situated on the west side of Buckeystown Pike (MD Route 85) just south of Frederick and the Interstate 270 overpass. Arcadia was built around 1780. Notable persons such as Francis Scott Key, Roger Brooke Taney, General William N. Pendleton (CSA), General Jubal Early (CSA) and General George Meade (USA) all spent time here. On Saturday, July 9, 1864 the army of the Confederacy lead by General Jubal Early and the army of the Union lead by General Lew Wallace engaged in the Battle of the Monocacy. The Confederate wounded were taken and cared for at Arcadia. Across Ballenger Creek, at the Markell Estate, Dr. David McKinney was the surgeon in charge of the Federal hospital. Dr. McKinney was so impressed with Arcadia and the surrounding property that he purchased it after the war in 1865. The Arcadia property remained in his family until 1968. Arcadia changed ownership several times over the years and much of the acreage was sold off to developers. 

In February 2013, Ballenger Creek Baptist Church (formerly Calvary Baptist Church of Mount Airy) purchased the Arcadia property. We believe that this property can be used to God's glory. In the past Arcadia was a place where many Confederate soldiers found comfort and healing from physical wounds received in battle.  Our vision is to use this property, to help the spiritually wounded from life's battles, find comfort and healing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please visit our church any Sunday and join us in our mission to Seek the Lost, Share the Faith, and Grow in Christ!
 

IMG_0077 carriage house545184_114398585371290_658890780_n487344_114395202038295_1498518888_n

 
 
548253_114398375371311_1324386324_n-1